In the first episode of the Sustainability Agenda, Professor Ioannis Ioannou, a noted sustainability scholar at London Business School unveils the latest research on corporate sustainability. The long-assumed trade-off between sustainability and profits, is it turns out, as many sustainability leaders suspected, illusory. The latest research shows that high sustainability companies are not only more profitable-but they can outperform as investments. And increasingly, investors are paying attention to a company’s sustainability initiatives.
In this podcast, Professor Ioannis draws together the latest thinking and research on sustainability:
- why sustainability today is at the heart of competitive advantage;
- the role of stakeholders in sustainability
- the dangers of a non-strategic approach to sustainability;
- the deep implications for transparency and governance;
- the changing role of the board